Its not often that LinkedIn can really surprise but this time I think you will agree they have the WOW factor..
Over the last few months Linkedin have been very proactive in changing the look,feel and functionality of the platform.
Often major changes are made almost unannounced and this is one of them…amazing what you find out by trying to break something..
What am I so excited about?
Education…the new feature is brilliant and allows you to search and gather marketing information, potential sales leads and extend your connections.
Go to your profile and go down to Education
Click on your school or university if you have one listed and you should see this…
Now underneath this is a whole montage of profiles and the numbers of profiles available to view…you can also search these results by key word.
Step 3…. Search
The great thing about this feature is that it helps in extending your networking and in helping find people,not just your old school or uni mates..
- You can change the dates and get different results
- Employ a combination of FILTERS
- Discover who is in which location by job description…arrange to meet people in say Oxford who are in say Marketing
- Look at who is employed by which company…I recently connected with someone at Royal Mail using this feature
- You can look at connections Education and 2nd degree connections and the feature still works
MAKE SURE THAT YOU INCLUDE YOUR EDUCATION DETAILS ON YOUR PROFILE
It is tough out in the market place and we are all the best sales machine for our own brands and this certainly helps things.
Linkedin have delivered a search engine within a search engine and I urge you to get out there and use is..
If you would like any further help with Linkedin questions or searching then please do get in contact by the email below and do connect on Linkedin